Wednesday 5 May 2010

Market day.

On the first Saturday of every winter month in Dubai, Safa Park hosts a weekend flea market. I've only been twice, first time I had my own stall and sold a bunch of clothes that I deemed unworthy of closet space. Managed to make about 1300 dirhams profit from it though;). This month was apparently the last month the flea market will be held until after summer, but I heard they may have it in a closed venue for June (let's hope it does continue during the summer).
You can find anything in this flea market, from paintings, knick-knacks, designer clothing, shoes and more. I found a stall that sold Aussie designs such as Sass & Bide. She had two dresses there, with tags still on for 100 dirhams and 65 dirhams each... But I was good and didn't buy much because my closets really don't need more...
Studded vest from dotti, tie-dye skirt from Forever New, earrings from Diva (Debanhams)

 
My favourite stall was this lady selling hand-painted ornaments from Tanzania. All money raised from purchases of the colorful and cute wooden animals would go back to that village in Tanzania.

Only bought a couple of things: This awesome evil eye ring for 10 dirhams.

And this cute Miss Budd purse for 10 dirhams as well.
It's so nice to sit in a park in Dubai. You really feel like you've left the city.
I mean, we're surrounded by sand and high rise buildings all the time, it's so relaxing to be sitting under a tree.
Except for the bugs. Eek.

7 comments:

  1. i wonder when il be able to attend this raved flea market thing at safa park...seriously, im missing a lot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute earrings!


    Thanks for visiting and following my blog! I'm following you too :)
    http://voguishblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww i love flea market but there arent any interesting one in HK :( love the eye ring btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish there was a good flea market near me! The evil eye ring is so cool - there were lots of evil eye buts and bobs when I went to Turkey and they fascinated me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything is soo cuuute =^.^=
    i so love shopping & vacation, well..who doesn't?...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. the first (and unfortunately last time) i went to the market i bought 3 gorgeous gorgeous bangles!we arrived too late though, so half of the good stuff were already gone -_-

    ReplyDelete