Sunday 23 May 2010

Fishtails and fake flowers.

Headed out to Mall of the Emirates today for lunch and a movie.
I watched City Of Life again (an Emirati directed film based in Dubai. Amazing by the way, click the link for the trailer).
Do you like what I did to my hair? I thought I'd try tie it up into a fishtail braid. A very messy one though.
It unfortunately didn't last all day, because my hair is layered, I guess it all came undone.
 Also wanted to put a close up on the racerback I was wearing. Bought this in the markets called Greenhills, in Manila.

Before the movie, I stopped by DUCTAC, which is a theatre and arts community centre at the mall.
My first time there and I was surprised to see so many kids in art classes and artwork by those kids displayed on the walls. Never really knew what this centre did, thought they just hosted exhibitions from time to time. But well done to them for encouraging the creativity of those young and old.

In the artspace called Gallery of Light, I came across these interesting pieces.
By Liz Ramos. These are for sale at AED200 each.
Love this one. By Rebecca Rendell. Also for sale.
Portraits of a family. Not sure who these pieces are by,

Also met up with new friend, digital artist and photographer Jmerts (http://www.edaydreamer.com/).
We've got some cool stuff lined up together so watch this space!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfit indeed!
    You're one kind fashionista!

    you look silly cute with the cross eyed shot ;)

    Pretty awesome background!!!
    Can't believe it's in MOE....

    arrghhh one of my weaknesses.. artsss..
    gotta visit the place this week...

    That "Gallery of Light" collections, they are freakin cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the fishtail *and these things never look messy in photos!*

    i went to cafe ceramique and it was a BLAST!you should go there and try your hand at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your cross eyed pic is very cute haha

    keep up with your interesting posts x

    ReplyDelete