Wednesday 19 May 2010

Kate Moss for Topshop S/S 2010.

 My favourite high street clothing store, and their ongoing collaboration with my favourite person ever. 
You don't know how happy it makes me every time there is a new collection from Topshop's Kate Moss line.
Tomorrow marks the launch of the Spring/Summer 2010 line and for a sneak preview of what we can expect, Kate models the line in this short video, whilst dancing away to easy sounds of The Strange Boys.
The title of the song is “Be Brave”

 Let's have a look at the new collection, shall we?

Lace features prominently. The shoulder details on the long sleeve mini are very on trend, but I love the detail on the third dress. I bought one very similar while I was on vacation. Happy times!
 Loose-fit silken dresses, both long and short (in romper form!) in neutral colours. I think I would have liked to see these (especially the shorts) more bright and bold colours... The denim halter body suit looks sexy as. Reminded me immediately of Ms Blake Lively.
 Lots of maxi dresses in the collection as well, which is great for both casual days as well as accessorizing them up for a night out. 
I AM IN LOVE WITH THE CROSSBACK/KEYHOLE RUFFLED MAXI DRESS.
There are a lot of cotton floral dresses in the new collection too, both mini and maxi.

What's your verdict?
I think the pieces are nice, but a bit typical and although definitely summery with the earthy tones and soft florals, lacks that certain something. I'm a Kate Moss and Topshop fangirl though. So no matter what they do, I'll adore anything!
***

More of the collection at Vogue.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. the collection is nice but not totally wow! I love the dip dye long maxi dress though- will certainly check it out! Miss moss is so cool!xxx
    fashion clocked blog
    kisses katie.xxx

    ReplyDelete