Saturday 29 May 2010

Fauchon and some discourteous fashion.

Last night went out to Dubai mall for dinner with some friends and after dinner, my best friend and I decided to have some dessert at Fauchon Cafe. While in Paris I was told that Fauchon's food jewelry (resembling 'jewelry' in small pieces of lovely coloured desserts) was the best in the city. So I was pretty excited to see if the Dubai version had equally tasty accessories.
Naturally, we tried the macarons - orange, vanilla, lemon, pistachio, raspberry and chocolate.
I've always been a fan of the chocolate but after trying the lemon from Fauchon I think I've changed my preference.
PS - doesn't Dee look gorgeous (and coordinated perfectly to the cafe) in hot pink?
AND ALL GONE.
Also, every night on the waterfront there is a gorgeous fountain show.
I snapped the following photos of the show which plays every 20 minutes between Souk Al Bahar, Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa Tower. 
These 'dancing waters' remind me so much of fireworks. It's amazing how high they shoot up.
As we were making our way back to the parking, a security guard approached us and handed us a small card.
Here's what it read:
I guess I kinda forgot that Dubai Mall is a little more strict than some others (obviously we 'broke' the first courtesy rule there) and I felt really bad about it. We rushed back to my car kinda quickly. Next time, must not forget my pashmina!

I've had a busy weekend packing, unpacking and moving into a new apartment. 
I hope you're all having a great one!

8 comments:

  1. wow is that a new regulation?lol imagine when ramadan comes..:p
    oh i miss the fountain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fountains are lovely aren't they? The rules have been around for ages but only now they are becoming more strict. Thing is at MOE I wore the same shorts (with heels) and had no comments, I think Dubai mall is a little more strict.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow the fountains are just so great!! like your blog!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pics......reading your blog takes me to another world. Ive never traveled outside of Texas and your blog is lovely and makes me wanna go on an adventure in a different land. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The macaroons look delish! Mall rules, that's definitely something I never knew about!

    Thanks for stopping by blog! Love yours!

    Emily
    http://stylishdistractions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures!! Obsessed with your shorts, uh-ma-zing!!
    I'm a macaron addict... I'm from paris at heart... Fauchon reminds me of my summer camps in France!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is perfect because I 'd like going to Dubai in order to getting a perfect dinner, so I'd like to going with those girls because I'd get an excellent inspiration.

    ReplyDelete