Monday 21 June 2010

Sawasdee ka!

That means HELLO in Thai :-). I'm back from a fantastic three days in Bangkok, we had such an amazing time. The weather was really hot, but it didn't seem so crowded with tourists yet (still from the red shirt protests from the last few months I guess). We felt completely safe though now, and the hospitality of the Thai people was as genuine as ever. Seriously, Thailand = The Land of Smiles is the most honest description of this country.
Here are a few pictures of the things I did (and some outfits I wore;)) and I hope you enjoy!
First day in Bangkok, riding the famous Tuk-Tuks and having a tall glass of Thai Black Ice Tea. So great!
On vacation but never on holiday from my blog! Haha - Outfit post in the hotel room.
Primark skirt / Evie bag / Jeanswest vest / Splash scarf / Diva bracelet and ring from Philippines
This was the view from our hotel window. I stayed at the Dusit Thani Hotel in Silom area. 
Fantastic hotel, and the rates are pretty affordable at the moment! I love the colourful traffic.

Forever 21 skirt / Dotti studded vest / Owl pendant from Bangkok markets
My sister Chrissy & I at the Floating Markets, with some hats we picked up for just $10!
With my new friend, this monkey python... I always saw photos of people with snakes around their necks and would never think I'd do it, but it wasn't scary at all! Nice to see I was entertaining to the ladies behind me too:-) hahaha
On the Bridge over River Kwai.
Wearing my sisters dress, since I'm such an emo-kid with a closet full of black clothes, I needed to borrow it as we had to wear 'light coloured' clothing for the Tiger Temple - see next photos!
FEEDING TIGER CUBS in Tiger Temple (Wat Pha Luang Ta Bua). This was the most amazing experience!! We spent about 45 minutes in the housing enclosure with four 6-week old cubs. I'm such a cat lover so playing with them was just like playing with some overgrown kittehs!
Photo time with the full grown tigers outside. They have a strict dress code when visiting the temple and my skirt was too short (mmm should be used to this by now!) so bought a new dress from the Floating Markets. In the Tiger Temple it's best to wear shorts or pants covering knees and a shirt covering your shoulders. Also, strictly NO red or dark pinks (maybe the tigers will mistake you for a juicy steak ;)).
 Speaking of food... YUM!
 
In a dress I picked up from Bangkok's Chatuchak Weekend Market, I think it cost me about $3. That market was never ending. With everything from homewares, street foods, mens and ladies fashion as well as pet fashion, it's a must see! I love the style of the Bangkok youth, and a lot of local designers had stalls at the weekend market selling their products. Lots of funky printed tshirts and unique jewelry.

You'll see me in my new Thai bought clothes in a lot of my future posts now. 
Bargain hunting in Bangkok is the best!

19 comments:

  1. omg you touch betch!
    sif hold a snake YUCK! haha

    i wanna go THAILANDD!!!!
    glad you had fun
    although you were only there
    for 3 days hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the snake was ok, after the Tiger Temple I smelt like tiger so badly... couldn't wait to get back to the hotel and shower. Let's go Thailand next year :-) I would love to go back there again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look fabulous in every picture, amazing, and you look like you had great fun there, and i agree with you, thailand shopping is cheap and good, thanks for sharing, much love, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are sooo pretty! And you hv so much fun there, good to read this post :D
    Yay for the snake and tiger! (even I scare of them, lol xD)

    May I link u?
    XO,
    BarbieJunk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helloooo catherine LOL

    i really appreciate taking your time to comment you know its sometimesc so embarrasing taking the pics cuz people are looking at me likee
    "why is she taking that picture for" LOL

    but they cant see what me and you can so thankyou very much!!

    and those rings are fabulous right. kind of like that thing beyonce had on her hand in single ladies, he couldnt tell me where he got it from cuz it was a present =(


    and wow your so blessed to be able to go to bangkok...and only for 3days..(fabulous ;) lol...that pic of the view you took is so beautiful it makes me wanna go.

    you brave to hold that snake!!! too
    and that baby tiger..aaawww


    sorry this comment is soo long

    xxx
    hopefully i'lll hear from u again

    shukura

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg great thailand pics! I went there when I was 9 so it brought back some memories. You're so gutsy posing with that giant snake, I don't think I'd ever have the courage with it. And LOVE the pics with the tigers awwww

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh and flip cup party is a beer drinking game where you finish your beer and you try to flip the cup upside down the first team to finish wins lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Cathy these photos are awesome!!! im glad you had fun babe, cant wait to hear about the trip, let's grab a coffee soon.

    Meho xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the hats with the flowers!! so cute!
    About tigers and snake -- too scary for me!

    Looks like you really enjoyed and made the most out of 3 days which is great ;))
    Amazing pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! Loved the photos!
    And the tiger *.* Omg, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Snake!!!!!:S i dont think i'll ever do that!
    but very cool with the tigers, would LOVE to have that experience!perhaps i'll head to bangkok at the end of the year hmmm....

    you looked like you had an amazing time^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures. Looks like an amazing trip! Tigers and snakes -- oh my!

    xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
  13. BKK has the best food and the best bargains! What a great vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel like everyone I know is in Thailand at the moment - so jealous!

    Thanks so much for the post - glad you like the outfit. I love you sister's dress! xxx

    www.curveinthemode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like so much fun, beautiful photo's, love the over sized sun hats


    D E G A I N E

    http://www.fashiondegaine.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Firstly, Greenwich market does NOT compare to this!! A long weekend involving tiger cubs?! *shakes head* You are one incredibly lucky girlie, that looks fantastic! So glad to hear you had such a great time. Thailand is definitely on my to-visit list now! Thanks for the compliment about the bag, it was a birthday present from my Mum and I literally take it everywhere!

    Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look ABsolutely gorgeous in that snake photo. i don't think i could do it!

    xo,
    raven

    ReplyDelete