Sunday 27 June 2010

iFly Dubai!

I had a pretty interesting weekend. Shopping and watching football, but the best part was when I got to experience indoor skydiving! In Mirdif City Centre, they have this centre called 'iFly' which is a skydiving simulation tunnel where you get in with the trainer who helps you on body positions and techniques. It's pretty fun. I'd like to do the real thing but after feeling so uncoordinated in the tunnel, I can't imagine how it'd feel thousands of feet up in the air! Anyway, If you're in Dubai and interested in the experience, go to their website.

And now, random cupcake photo! There was a parade at the mall and I couldn't help but take a photo with the cupcake (or muffin)! How cute is the cookie too. Dubai is so random sometimes - one minute you're shopping, the next thing there's a marching band with jugglers, stilt walkers and sweets following behind.

 In our super stylish skydiving outfits - the wind tunnel is in the background.
Some pics of the instructors up to their tricks. They're pretty amazing, and super nice guys!
I'll definitely go back to iFly while I'm in Dubai - it's a great chance to experience the thrill of skydiving without jumping out the plane (and also a good chance to learn a few new tricks) ;)

10 comments:

  1. It looks so much fun, and how cute you look pictured with the muffin man, love love love, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I've been wanting to do that skydiving simulator thing since I saw it on hell's kitchen! haha it looks sooo much fun. And love the walking cupcake. must be hot being under that suit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg looks like so much fun!
    I LOVE the cupcake and cookie lol, and i have always wanted to do that indoor skydiving thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow jealous looks so much fun!!

    -Silvia

    Kisses from Atlanta~

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL @ the cookie and muffin haha
    that is pretty random

    i wanna try indoor sky diving
    looks fun
    i saw the jonas brothers
    doing that haha
    was on tv the other day

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing experience!!! I envy you!!! Really funny! Can I ask you how much cost the "fly"? ;D
    Some kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg looks like tons of fun!
    i think just doing some blogwalking looking at people's vacation pictures would make me regret my decision taking a summer job. haha :D

    follow?
    Lovely Curse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god, you and the cupcake! So cute :)
    Skydiving that way looks do-able!
    There's no way i'll EVER jump out of a plane.
    Looks very fun!
    ifly - i fucking love you! lol.
    your blog is amazing!
    thank you for your lovely comment on my post!
    keep up the great work dear.
    Stay cool ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol those huge cupcakes are too cute! love the blog.

    ReplyDelete