Thursday 17 June 2010

Grazia and vintage Cathy (ok, just one year ago).

Oh, hello! I was featured in Grazia Middle East's June issue in the Style Hunter section from last weeks Bloomingdale's event at Dubai Mall. Also on the same page was fellow blogger, Mahryska and these cute, young twins (I'm so jealous of her huge Bottega Veneta bag). I love how Mariyah and I are on the same page. Small community, we are.
In the April 2009 issue of Grazia, I was also snapped while out at the Dubai Polo Desert Challenge at the Desert Palm Hotel. Can you guess who my main inspiration was last year? Lol, I think it's pretty obvious... (ie. a bloated Blair Waldorf).
I kind of cringe when I look back on the photo - although it was just a year ago (a year is not very long), I couldn't get away with wearing that huge headband anymore, and even though the heels are about 3-4 inches high, I still have them but don't wear them.. they're not HIGH enough for me now :-)). Also, everyone keeps telling me my hair looks better darker than this strange metallic brown look I had going on (I agree).
And somehow within the year, I changed nationality from British to Australian...
Ha! Well at least one thing's stayed the same - I'm still into my florals!

12 comments:

  1. wow looking back on vintage photos really show you how much youv grown as a person AMAZING :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations, and you look fabulous, like always, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulation! must be so cool to be featured in a magazine!
    catita

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulation you looked cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow omg
    youre totes my friend
    gosh im jealous i wanna be featured
    in a magazine one day haha

    :) congratsss bebs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys:-) and can you believe I'm actually wearing the same necklace on both these days. It's my fav one! hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! That's so exciting to be freatured in a magazine =D

    xx .sabo skirt.

    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello hun! thanks for your sweet comment :) and congrats on the feature you look beautiful, and chic. I also agree with you I love your hair black :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you looked stunning that day!!

    and omgggg you look so different with that hair colour.. and i also laughed my ass off at the change of nationality :p

    Meho xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That so cool - you look amazing! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. iknow football is crap

    my fav sport is rounders lol or netball

    and you have changed a whole lot but its cool we always look back and go omgosh that jus means were looking better and better lol

    imagine next year

    we'll look amazing!!

    xxshukura

    and your hair does looks fabulous darker tis true

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE YOUR STYLE!!!!!!!! I've seen that picture of you in one of my old issues of Grazia and I loved what you were wearing!!! Im soooo following your blog! *follow*
    xx F

    ReplyDelete