Monday 5 April 2010

Ilegallcargo (and an Ericka Crosse visit).

A big, late thanks to ilegallcargo blog for featuring me last month. You can check out her little tribute here. I featured Sidney and her photography company Another Surography earlier in my blog so click here if you missed that.

As she mentioned, I was reunited with our mutual friend, Miss Ericka Crosse recently for a few days and got to tour her around my beloved little city. Firstly, of all my friends, she has the most epically awesome hairstyle.
The Cassie-Ventura-inspired half shaved head.
I wish I could do it, but it's definitely not something I could pull off!

Here are some photos from our mini-Dubai tour.
On the traditional dhow boat from Deira side, across the creek to Bur Dubai.
Cheapest mode of transport in Dubai - just one dirham!

At the entrance of quite a small but amazing mosque in Bur Dubai. Years ago when I was still new here, I would wander around old parts of the city and I actually discovered this place. Amid the boring sandy buildings surrounding it this structure really stood out. I'm glad we accidentally stumbled across it again.

And back over on the Deira side of the creek, entering the Gold Souks.

Just some store windows showcasing their blinding, shimmering collections.

In Khan Murjan restaurant, Wafi City for a traditional Arabic (Lebanese;)) lunch. 
The hummus and fattoush here is SO GOOD.

A little bit of a self-timer angle fail here. In front of the massive Atlantis Palm hotel.
I love playing tour guide here in Dubai, although I'm not 100% educated on the city and it's history, I still like to give my point of view (and the little I do know).
Not many friends have visited me over the years - I wish more would, preferrably before I leave!!

3 comments:

  1. I hope I can visit Dubai at some point! Those window cases are insane! And love your friend's hairstyle! She totally pulls it off with her bone structure! And thanks for your sweet comment!

    xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Catfish for the mini tribute :) And I think I did a pretty damn good job on her shave, no? Maybe next time I'll shave more of her hair off down to the side of the nape of her neck ;-P

    CC of ilegallcargo/Another Surography xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Viv - if you ever visit Dubvai, be sure to let me know ;)
    @ ilegallcargo - Her hair's perfect how it is! I love it so much, you did an ace job, CC!

    ReplyDelete